Whiteboard Youth Ventures Affiliate Programs
PROVIDING LEADERSHIP AND OPPORTUNITY BY HOSTING YOUR OWN STARTUP PROGRAM
Benefits of Joining the Whiteboard Community
Demonstrate your place as a thought leader in your local community by hosting a youth entrepreneurship program. We’re looking for local partners who place importance in engaging with and supporting their local community. We offer a number of different arrangements to help you meet your goals.
Schools and organizations that host their own program can earn a Whiteboard Certification, making their student eligible for discounts on future Whiteboard programs around the world. Our local host will also receive a copy of several workshops and activities to help teach and encourage entrepreneurship.
By hosting your own local program, you give more students the chance to access world-class entrepreneurial education. We’ll work with you to develop your own program, or you can host an installment of the Young Entrepreneur Challenge, our flagship one-week startup competition.
Press and Fundraising
We’re happy to work with you to get local press attention and create amazing photos and videos that many schools and organizations use in fundraising campaigns with community leaders and alumni.
Types of Affiliate Programs
Organizations or schools looking to co-host a Young Entrepreneur Challenge with Whiteboard Youth Ventures should be able to provide the following spaces and venue requirements:
- At least one classroom or other venue capable of serving as the principle classroom for workshops and courses;
- A theater or other large space capable of serving as the presentation venue for the final showcase of student businesses;
- Multiple breakout rooms or areas for student teams to meet and work on team based projects (optional but highly preferred)
Whiteboard has traveled the world, hosting sessions on subjects such as: (1) how to teach entrepreneurship to high school and secondary school students; (2) how to design and build entrepreneurship curricula; and (3) integrating entrepreneurial learning into existing curricula and courses. Please submit an inquiry below for more information on our professional development opportunities.
Many organizations opt to implement our entrepreneurship curriculum independently of Whiteboard Youth Ventures. For example, our partner in Romania has adopted our curriculum to fit their eight-week incubator program. Our curriculum is modular and highly adaptable to your needs.
In addition to the benefits outlined above, all of our affiliate programs have the added benefits of:
- On-going professional support through web calls and email support regarding curriculum, hosting, student recruitment, and student engagement;
- Student winners from affiliate programs may be eligible to participate in the Boston Young Entrepreneur Challenge program with a full scholarship;
- Students from affiliate programs are eligible to apply for acceptance into the Whiteboard Incubator, the only business incubator specifically designed for high school students.