Over the past three years, Whiteboard Youth Ventures has doubled in size each year since its founding as a single, 1-week summer program. Its programs now include the flagship Young Entrepreneur Challenge (1-week summer), Founder’s Academy (4-week summer), Bridge Launch Fund (12-week go-to-market program), and school-based programs. An Associate Director is needed to help keep up with market demand and continue our rate of expansion.
Whiteboard Youth Ventures is looking to hire a part time/full time Associate Director to be responsible for business development and outreach for student entrepreneurship programs. The Associate Director will also be involved with developing the educational program, curriculum, and staff training.
The position will start as soon as the candidate is available and the candidate must be able to commit until August 2016. Looking to hire within the next 4 weeks.
- Weekly hourly commitment for academic year is ~5-10 hours; from May to July hours may increase to 25-30. Full time position may become available based on interest and performance.
- Find out more about Whiteboard: http://
Whiteboard Youth Ventures is a product/company of College Apprentice, a Cambridge-based education company founded 5 years ago. We place a large emphasis on providing professional, courteous, and timely customer service. Critical and creative thinking is extremely important, especially with regards to marketing campaigns. Hours are flexible and attire is casual. More than anything else, applicants must be willing to make a commitment to our students’ growth and success, when they are enrolled in our programs and afterwards.
- Customer engagement, support, and communication by email and over phone;
- Recruiting schools and students from across the country and around the world to attend entrepreneurship summer programs;
- Helping to design marketing and advertising material;
- Operations during Whiteboard summer programs;
- Educational program design and execution;
- Recruiting and training program staff;
- Assistance in managing social media accounts;
- Entrepreneurial environment;
- Direct management over daily work;
- Working with incredible staff and an incredible summer staff;
- Flexible scheduling;
- International travel may be required for student/school recruitment;
- Permanent Positions may become available;
Example ‘Day in the Life’ includes:
- Monitoring and responding to customer emails;
- Communication with international partner organization;
- Researching target high schools and students;
- Calling and emailing qualified leads;
- Designing and executing marketing campaigns;
- Demonstrated strong work ethic with references;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with peers or high school students in an academic context;
- Appreciation for international business climate and cultural sensitivity;
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship a must.
Please email your CV/Resume or LinkedIn profile and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in teaching entrepreneurship to high school students to the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.